This forth coming course on Rehearsal Techniques will enable you to both engage and inspire your students through well-planned, productive and rewarding rehearsals.
With guidance from esteemed music educator Monte Mumford, you will gain a deeper understanding of effective rehearsal techniques, and how to implement them. You will learn how to record and evaluate your ensemble’s progress and achievements. You will also learn how to use your precious rehearsal time effectively through developing systematic rehearsal plans that focus on significant, achievable, student learning outcomes.
During the course, seven hours of study are undertaken flexibly online within the specified dates. The course culminates in a three hour in-person session on the final day with fellow participants and the course educator at the Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne. See Melbourne Youth Orchestras’ renowned Ensemble Program in action and consolidate your learning with the course educator. Lunch is provided.
The course will include the following topics:
- Developing your intended learning outcomes.
- Using rehearsal activities to achieve educational objectives.
- Structuring your rehearsal for maximum rehearsal effectiveness.
- Recording and evaluating your success with a view to improvement.
- Inspiring your students to stay engaged beyond your rehearsals.
You will be able to:
- Identify students’ needs and aspirations and design your teaching strategies toward empowering student ownership and self-motivated learning.
- Employ proven and effective teaching strategies, ensemble activities and rehearsal techniques.
- Manage your time effectively through systematic, goal-oriented rehearsal plans.
- Keep your students engaged and involved.
- Record, measure, evaluate and improve your ensemble’s progress and achievements, as well as your own.
Date: 18 April 2017 – 6 May 2017 (3 Weeks)
Where: Online and School of Music, Victorian College of the Arts, The University of Melbourne
Educator: Monte Mumford
Course Duration: 10 Hours (minimum)
To enrol for the Course simply click on the link below: